Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Blog #1 - About the Blog You Chose to Read

I read the iLearn Technology blog.  This is definitely a blog that I plan on adding to my "favorites".  The author of the blog was an elementary school teacher for several years, and is now a technology consultant in various areas, including technology integration.  The author has also opened up her own school designed to apprentice children, grades 1-8, "in the art of learning through inquiry, creativity, critical thinking, discernment and wisdom."

Kelly's blog features different technology websites which can be used to enhance learning material in the classroom.  Kelly sets up each entry with a description of the tool and then goes on to explain how it can be integrated into the classroom.  While Kelly's background is elementary education, most of these tools can be implemented in a variety of settings.  As a special education teacher, if I am ever expected to teach a Basic Skills class again, this would be a great starting point to help me with my students in all of their core subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment