Thursday, June 14, 2012

Podcast: Mobile Reach #35 – School Is Out, But The Learning Does Not End

This podcast summarized several apps that can be installed on different mobile devices running IOS and android.  Each of the apps discussed promote some type of learning for students to keep students engaged with learning through the summer.  The majority of apps presented were games that are aimed at younger children, while some of the apps were geared more towards traveling that usually occurs during summer vacation.  These apps were not directly related to school curriculum, but does keep children engaged...for example, one app was about birds in North America.  A person can look up different birds, make notes and answers questions.  Other apps involved just basic travel information...such as Google Maps, and Trivot - an app that organizes all of your travel schedules when you book online.  I found it interesting, yet odd that they included these apps in a podcast about summer learning.

I really don't think that I could use too many podcasts for my own professional learning.  I much prefer sitting face to face with someone and being able to have discussions with the presenter or people around me.  This particular podcast was purely auditory and I found myself easily distracted while listening to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment